Saturday, August 9, 2014

Week 1: The Red Tent

Book acquired! Total pages: 321



For this challenge, I will be getting all of my books from the library. Although I have an e-reader and usually download my books through *ahem* questionable means, I think that it's super important to support public libraries. In a society where the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing, libraries are one of the few places that are accessible to everyone no matter one's income. Libraries are important community spaces where exploration, learning, identity building and creativity can take place. But they are struggling in this e-book world, and I want to show my support. So I would encourage everyone to get a library card and to check out the cool stuff that's going on in your library!

Here's a great article by the author Neil Gaiman on the importance of libraries


No comments:

Post a Comment